CALL AN ADVISOR
Learn how we can help.
Professional Resumes45 Main Street Site,
309 #12, Brooklyn, NY 11201
The resume looks great!! I have to say it was an absolute pleasure working with you, an experience I will tell many friends and colleagues about. You have done a wonderful job on my resume. I am feeling more confident by the second!
I am very grateful.
Get Your Free Copy Of How To Win Interview Offers Like Clockworkdownload now
Financial auditors and accountants, examine and analyze, the accounting and financial records of individuals and establishments, to ensure accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards and procedures.
Accountants plan, organize and administer accounting systems for individuals and establishments. Articling students in accounting firms are included in this unit group. Financial auditors and accountants are employed by auditing and accounting firms throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.
As a practicing accounting business services professional and specialist, you enjoy and are familiar with the transactional and execution, documenting, monitoring and analyzing of financial data and activity, for example, you have responsibility for:
- Examine and analyze journal and ledger entries, bank statements, inventories, expenditures, tax returns and other accounting and financial records, documents and systems of an individual, department, company or other establishment to ensure financial recording accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards, procedures and internal controls
- Prepare detailed reports on audit findings and make recommendations to improve individual or establishment's accounting and management practices
- Conduct field audits of businesses to ensure compliance with provisions of the Income Tax Act, Business Corporations Act or other statutory requirements
- May supervise other auditors or professionals in charge of accounting within client's establishment.
- Plan, set up and administer accounting systems and prepare financial information for an individual, department, company or other establishment
- Examine accounting records and prepare financial statements and reports
- Develop and maintain cost finding, reporting and internal control procedures
- Examine financial accounts and records and prepare income tax returns from accounting records
- Analyze financial statements and reports and provide financial, business and tax advice
- May act as a trustee in bankruptcy proceedings
- May supervise and train articling students, other accountants or administrative technicians.
College graduates, financial planners and others working in banks and financial industries, independents, consultants and niche business providers, all compete for the same prize (and/or a piece of the pie). Except for career hopefuls, prospects, entrants and novices, there are numerous licensed, accredited, professionally designated and credentials practitioners already in the marketplace and makes for a very competitive market, where you have to distinguish yourself and network, focusing on your strengths and accomplishments, career growth and progressive development, as well as plans for the future and furthering your education, staying current with technology, regulations and SOP's (standard operating procedures) and process-requirements and conventions.
For many this is a secondary source of income, sideline, seasonal employment activity, temporary employment and/or contract pursuit. For other more serious full-time financial aspiring career-builders the role and function provides fertile ground to learn about business administration, finance, governance, budgeting etc. and lays a firm foundation for developing and expanding a business career with lots of advancement opportunities.
International and Accounting Bodies and professional associations http://www.accaglobal.com/
Links to jobsites and classifieds like this example provided below are available online, with little search effort:
ACCA has also collaborated with FT.com to offer an exclusive careers service for ACCA students and members. The site provides an exciting range of employment opportunities across a broad range of sectors: from accountancy, finance and consulting to general management, banking and IT. In addition, you will find all the latest in careers news, an informative business education section and an extensive range of recruitment tools.
Other job-boards, career-builder sites, will all contain searchable job-postings by occupational category, area, industry etc.
Professional staffing firms will also be able to help you in your search/career change
Chartered accountants require a university degree and completion of a professional training program approved by a provincial institute of chartered accountants and, depending on the province, either two years or 30 months of on-the-job training and Membership in a provincial Institute of Chartered Accountants upon successful completion of the Uniform Final Examination (UFE) in Canada for example.
Certified general accountants and certified management accountants require a university degree and Completion of a training program approved by the Society of Certified General Accountants or Society of Management Accountants and several years of on-the-job training and Certification by the Certified General Accountants Association or the Society of Management Accountants.
Licensing by the provincial or territorial governing body is usually required for accountants and auditors practicing public accounting. There is limited mobility among the three professional accounting designations (CA, CGA and CMA). Progression to auditing or accounting management positions is possible with experience.
accountant, certified general accountant (CGA), certified management accountant (CMA), chartered accountant (CA), chief accountant, corporate controller - accounting, financial auditor, income tax expert, industrial accountant, internal auditor, bookkeepers, financial managers, program or other non-financial auditors - policy and program officers, researchers and consultants
Click here to see the full career article library.
We Have Experience Writing Winning Resumes In Your Career
Make Employers Chase You, With an Irresistible Resume and Cover Letter in Just 24-48 Hours by a Certified Resume Writer
Call Or E-mail Now To Start. You Will Be Delighted With The Results.